Sunday, August 28, 2016

THE NEW ENGLAND CONVENTION

There has been some action at the C Depot construction site with the Transformer platform completed as far as possible .Until the base is installed in the module ,which will be after the display at the
Armidale Convention  in November.

Link To Registration
http://www.newenglandmodelrailwayclub.com/content/convention.shtml

So its basically finished !

                                                 TRANSFORMER  & PLATFORM


                                     ELEVATOR TOWER AND GRAIN RECEIVALS  SHED


                                      OUT LOADER IN EXTENDED POSITION









                                                   OUT LOADER IN STOWED POSITION



                      I will also  have the sections of ASHFORD -- MUNGINDI  extension on display
                     to demonstrate the steel frame foam scenery method . And the method for turning
                     a commercial tree into the gums in this river scene.And some other bits and pieces.






10 comments:

  1. Excellent work on the gum tree. Have you explained how it is done. Gary

    ReplyDelete
  2. No
    But I will at the Armidale Convention , Gary

    ReplyDelete
  3. That silo/C depot is a master piece absolutely amazing
    Regards Mat

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rohan. That's looking VERY nice mate!! Your reproduction of that two pole substation is exactly how I remember working on the bloody things!! Looking forward to seeing it up close at Armidale.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ian
      The platform is just as much a part of the silo as the out loader chute .
      A lot of its guess work from pictures.
      Which you can probably put me straight on.
      Was there any manual on that kind of stuff ?

      Delete
    2. Yeah, don't know whether any original drawings still exist any more!! It certainly looks the part, there's no doubt. I am keen to know what you used for the insulators etc.

      Delete
  5. Rohan, Wow! What can I say but WOW!
    A great piece of work, you certainly have been busy. Christine and I are looking forward to catching up at Armidale.

    Ray

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Ray
    Will be good to see you both.
    Save me a set at your table.I have been brushing up on my social etiquette and knife and fork skills,just for my big trip out in public.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very very nice Rohan! Amazing work.

    I was all booked in for the convention however found out last week that I have a wedding to attend. I have to go to the wedding, so Armidale is out.

    Looking forward to more blog posts.

    Linton

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's looking really good Rohan. Any chance of posting some more photos of the S052 silo?

    Cheers

    Chris

    ReplyDelete