Sunday, December 3, 2017

O , NOW I UNDERSTAND !

          WITH THE IMPENDING RELEASE  OF THE AUSCISION MODEL 442 LOCO'S
              I THOUGHT I WOULD SHARE A VERSION NOT BEING DONE BY THEM.
    ON THE 9-6-83 WE HAVE 44234 AT CENTRAL DISPLAYING THE GREEN  EMBLEM        WHERE THE COAT OF ARMS USUALLY IS.NOT SURE WHAT IT MEANS BUT I HAVE 44230
                AT BROADMEADOWS ON THE 9-10-83 WITH THE SAME BRANDING.

There seems to be a lot of modelers who have moved into O scale lately .Using the reasoning of declining eyesight which makes focusing on the subject in hand (to speak ) become almost impossible .Or perhaps there old arthritic hands holding them back from  manipulating smaller items which once was not a problem ,but now becomes impossible for them to satisfy there ambitions.Or perhaps they are more satisfied to see  smaller objects which they have become familiar with, in a larger size or dimension.
I by accident have found a you tube clip which has helped explain the move to O scale much better than any
one has been able to explain to me yet.
You may find this of some interest.And possible help make O scale modelling a more attractive proposition.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vS-bFTzymuA

For you O scalers you may need to watch this in full screen to appreciate the content.

4 comments:

  1. Waiting for the sequel, I like to keep abreast of these things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I will stick to HO or maybe even change to N Scale!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now you know what I have to put up with regularly around here .... sigh!

    ReplyDelete